A comprehensive estate plan often includes one or more trusts to safeguard assets and facilitate the efficient management and transfer of assets. A trust can be an excellent tool for achieving several goals, such as:
- Providing for asset protection during life
- Transferring assets to following generations while minimizing estate and transfer taxes
- Memorializing charitable goals with CRUT’s and CRAT’s
- Funding college education
- Removing assets from the probate administration process and greatly minimizing cost
- Controlling the timing of asset distribution
- Special tax planning trusts such as GRAT’s, ILIT’s and IDGT’s
A Lawyer with an Extensive Background in Estate and Tax Law
MaryEllen Bishop is well prepared to provide clients with estate and trust solutions to manage succession planning, tax planning and asset transfer. She has more than three decades of estate and trust experience. She handles every aspect of estate planning and tax planning, from the creation and execution of trusts and generation transfer tax to trust amendments and reformations. She litigates trust controversies relating to the interpretation or enforcement of trust provisions and the administration of the trust.
Trust Options to Meet Your Goals
MaryEllen will explain revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, minors trusts, and all types of trusts as well as how they work in connection with asset protection and asset transfer.
Whatever your goal, her goal is to meet it, in a manner that is both cost effective and practical.