John B. Bishop
John Bishop concentrates his practice in the areas of intellectual property rights and enforcement and civil litigation. John’s intellectual property practice is concentrated in the registration of copyrights, trademarks, and the enforcement of trade secrets.
John graduated from Indiana University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and earned his Juris Doctorate from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2013. While in law school, John clerked for Chief Judge Margret G. Robb of the Indiana Court of Appeals where he assisted in drafting appellate opinions that will guide Indiana attorneys in future cases. He also interned at CMG Worldwide where he focused on the protection of various registered trademarks as well as the rights of publicity of numerous celebrities and public figures.
John is admitted to practice before the Indiana Supreme Court, the Indiana Appellate Courts, as well as the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. He is a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association, and American Bar Association.
- Civil Litigation
- Enforcement of Trade Secrets
- Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement
- Registration of Copyrights and Trademarks
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis (J.D., 2013)
- Indiana University, Bloomington (B.S., 2010)
- Indiana Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Indiana University Alumni Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association-Intellectual Property Section Executive Committee, Member
- The Sagamore American Inn of Court, Associate
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Young Leadership Committee, President
- Little 500 Riders’ Counsel, Indiana University Student Foundation, 2009 – 2010